Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Meet Me

Meet me at the lakefront
With an ice cream cone at sunset
And as the day ends
I will tell you about my life now
And the years you missed out on

Meet me at the play ground
Don't forget your baseball glove
And I'll tell you about the hand I wanted to hold
While everything was crashing down around me

Meet me in the parking lot of my elementary school
Where we once sat talking
About all I had learned and read
And I'll tell you about the books I'm reading now

Meet me in the old shed
Where we once began to build a house
It was never finished though...
Left as incomplete and splintered
As our relationship is today

Meet me in another world
Where pain and scars can disappear
And I'll tell you I forgive you now
Maybe things can be set right again

Meet me once again, if you only dare
And tell me that you're really sorry
Show me that you care
Because I always wanted a Daddy

I wanted to spin into your arms
To feel safe inside them and protected
To know that I am loved
To be wanted


Just meet me.

No comments:

Post a Comment