Sunday, January 13, 2013

Seeing Things Your Way

We asked you to show us your glory, but then I felt you say, "Share in my suffering." And I had to question if I still wanted to see your glory if suffering was the cost. We prayed for miracles, that you would empower us to pursue people, reach out, and impact lives. But then I felt you say, "it's going to hurt." And I know I have never liked pain.

I don't think I'm becoming negative. I am happy right now and I am ready to take part in the bigger picture and let you use me. But then what is this? I feel you telling me these thoughts aren't mine. I feel you telling me it's your perspective. It's prophetic.

Prophetic words aren't popular and they're not always easily accepted.... yes we want your glory and yes we want to see miracles. But are we willing to pay the price? Are we willing to face the suffering that may come? Are we willing to die for it?

What will it take to see you move?
And you told me,
"The commitment to be available." I am going to be interrupted. My pretty, neat, color-coded schedule will be revised against my will. It will be inconvenient. It will take patience. Am I going to trust you when it gets difficult? Will I become a servant and put the needs of others above my agenda? I want to be willing to put my life on pause to see your kingdom come.
"The pinnacle of Christianity is not leadership, it's Me" I felt you urging me to tell them. And I realized how blessed I am to serve alongside people humble enough to seek You over their own glory. I know the humility and courage it is taking them to step down and draw closer to you. I know because it's the humility and courage I didn't have 2 years ago. I know how much you love them for this, dear one, and I pray they know it too. I want that kind of humility. I am reminded that what I am chasing is not a title, it's not a country, it's not a leadership position... it's You. I am chasing You, and my influence is directly proportional to the intentional time I devote to knowing You. Don't let me forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment